There is no quick fix when it comes to parenting. Take steps to strengthen your relationship and improve interactions with your child today.
A guide book to help all parents
This informative guide empowers moms and dads to discover what is true and most important for your family. Deepen your understanding of yourself and your child and create a process to improve daily interactions. Whether your child is three or thirteen, you can benefit from ten practical tools for reducing conflict and improving parent-child interactions. Through a combination of research, stories, and real-time practice, you can learn to respond with intention instead of reacting from stress. Become more confident and effective as you choose a parenting approach that works for your family.
Real-Time Parenting offers concepts and activities which address many aspects of family life. These include understand temperaments and traits of your children, create a personalized plan for your family, enhance communication and cooperation, learn positive approaches for discipline, make rules and use effective consequences, know when to step up to help your child and when to step back to foster independence, and reduce stress by finding ways to care for yourself.
Real-Time Parenting offers parents new ways of seeing and understanding your child. With a combination of research, observations, and exercises, gain a better understanding of your unique child’s traits and temperament.
Praise for Real-Time Parenting
I am in awe of this book, its authors, and the service they are providing for families around the world! Their unwavering dedication to enhancing the emotional health and happiness of families is enormously inspiring. By identifying the challenges of child-rearing and offering wise, compassionate support for parents and children alike, they have contributed greatly to the overall health and happiness of our world. I am very excited for the families in need who will benefit so richly from this book!
Maureen Murray, Licensed Massage Therapist and Yoga Therapist
Real-Time Parenting provides a deeply refreshing and much-needed transformative approach to parenting. Through the collaboration of three highly gifted and intuitive parent coaches, readers are gently guided to examine their choices and create a genuine parenting style within their uniquely individual family circumstances. This is no “one size fits all” resource; this book provides tools and personalized action plans for communication, discipline, resilience and celebration of differences. A must-read for parents who want to feel truly authentic and self-confident as they navigate the most important job of their lives!
Kathleen Young, Educator & Founder, Young Mediation Associates
Read about and explore six areas of focus
- Who are you? Chapter 1 asks you to explore how your personality, values, and past experiences may influence the action steps you choose to take as a parent.
- Who is your child? Chapter 2 opens up new ways of seeing and understanding children based on your observations and learning from the field of child development. We encourage a shift from thinking Who should my child be, to Who is my child at his or her best?
- What are your goals? As you learn more about yourself and your child, you will begin to prioritize goals and create vision statements. These unfold in Chapter 3.
- How strong is your relationship with your child? Chapter 4 provides practical tools for intentional listening as well as communication traps to avoid.
- What is holding you back? Specific ideas for responding to everyday parenting situations fill Chapters 5 and 6. In Chapter 7 we share a specific “STEP” model which helps you build awareness of your limiting beliefs, unwanted habits, and other obstacles that get in the way of your parenting.
- What do you need to thrive? The last discovery, revealed in Chapter 8, involves becoming aware of your energy level as a parent and the critical link between your well-being and your ability to be the parent you want to be.